Health & Nutrition
Educating your child's palate
At Roscam Creche, we understand how important it is to establish good healthy eating practices at a very young age. We believe in providing highly nutritious, good quality meals, not only for your child's health and physical wellbeing but also to develop their taste buds and social skills involving food.
- We prepare all our meals on-site in our purpose-built, Health Board-approved kitchen, run by our qualified Cook.
- Our menu is varied and we use fresh produce where we can. We use only ingredients of the highest quality, with every effort made to ensure low sodium and low sugar content.
- Whether a baby or in Pre-school, we will provide your child with all the nutrients they need in delicious meals served in a stimulating environment. We have designed our menus to consider all the different stages of your child's development. Our menus follow the food pyramid, which is the definitive guide to ensuring your child gets all their daily nutritional needs.
- We have a menu of 15 dinners and Afternoon snacks which we rotate every 15 days. This ensures a variety of different nutrients and tastes which will help to educate your child's palate.
- We fully supervise all snacks and mealtimes, to provide a safe, positive and cheerful environment where your child can enjoy their food in an unhurried fashion
- We adhere to dietary requirements, and where possible individual food choices.
- We will let you know each day exactly what your child is eating on our detailed report sheet.
"Growing the veggie garden and the tour on the bus were big highlights this year! The staff are very good at what they do and go beyond the call of duty providing great reports everyday about meals etc... The management team at Roscam are very approachable and make communication very easy. Thank you to each and everyone at Roscam."